Request to supply information in accordance with Act No. 106/1999 Coll. on free access to information. The request must indicate to which obligated entity it belongs and state that the party submitting the request is requesting information in accordance with this act.
Natural persons must provide the following information in their request:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Address (or, it the person is not registered as a permanent resident, the address of residence) and Mailing Address (if different from the permanent address or address of residence)
Legal entities must provide the following information:
- Identification Number
- Registered Address and Mailing Address (if different from the registered address)
(An email address can be used as a mailing address)
If the request is being submitted electronically, it must be submitted through the electronic mailroom of the Ministry of Culture.
If the request lacks any of the above identification data and mailing address or if it is not submitted through the electronic mailroom, it does not qualify as a request submitted in accordance with this Act. Once the request has been received, the Ministry of Culture proceeds in accordance with Section 14, Subsection 5 (a) – (d) of Act No. 106/1999 Coll. – i.e., as follows:
* If the lack of identification data about the applicant prevents the processing of the request for information (in accordance with this Act), the Ministry of Culture notifies the applicant within 7 days after the filing of the request and asks for additional information. If the applicant does not respond to the request for additional information within 30 days after its receipt, the Ministry of Culture will postpone the applicant´s request for information.
* If the request is illegible, if it is unclear what type of information is being requested or if the request is too general, the Ministry of Culture notifies the applicant within 7 days after the filing of the request and asks the applicant to clarify the information in the request. If the applicant does not respond to the request for clarification within 30 days after its receipt, the Ministry of Culture will make a decision on rejecting the applicant´s request for information.
* If the requested information doesn´t fall within the competency of the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry will postpone acting on the request and it will notify the applicant within 7 days after the filing of the request that this is the situation.
* Unless the Ministry decides to reject the request (in accordance with Section 15 of Act No. 106/1999 Coll.), the Ministry will supply the requested information within 15 days after the filing (or the amended filing) of the request.
The obligated entity may postpone the deadline for the supplying of the information; however, the deadline can be postponed for no more than ten days. The applicant must be notified (in a verifiable manner) about any such postponement and the reasons for such a postponement. Such a notice must be delivered in a timely manner (i.e. before the expiration of the original deadline for the providing of the respective information).
If you would like to submit a request (in accordance with Act No. 106/1999 Coll. on free access to information, as last amended), you can use one of the following filing options:
Ministry of Culture
Maltézské náměstí 1
118 11 Prague 1
- Fax: (+420) 224 318 155
- Phone: (+420) 257 085 111
- Email (electronic mailroom of the Ministry of Culture): epodatelna(zavináč)mkcr.cz